Our team are highly skilled and have significant experience in working with the most challenging materials and exotic alloys.
Our diverse machining capabilities mean our products range from 50mm to 1000mm in diameter and up to 5000mm in length.
Our grinding, lapping and polishing techniques ensure we can achieve a surface finish of 4-6 micro inches (0.1- 0.15 μm) or less if required.
Our extensive in-house services mean we offer world-class lead times and can achieve 24-48 hour machining turnaround – and we meet and exceed our customers’ KPIs
CNC machining capabilities
- We’ve got extensive CNC capabilities with a wide range of production. We have exacting standards and ensure precise tolerances of high integrity components.
- Our highly skilled machinists use metal removal processes including mill, turn and grind and work on a wide spectrum of complex components.
Spherical grinding and lapping
- Our unique approach to spherical grinding and lapping ensures critical sphericity of ball valves, finished to the highest specifications, which means our valves seal in any position.
- Our spherical and flat lapping capabilities ensure that clients receive optical flatness to 1 light band and an expert finish.
Exotic and challenging materials
- We work with challenging materials and exotic alloys such as A718 (Inconel), MP35N and K500 (Monel), as well as a wide range of high strength carbon steels.
- We can offer prototypes and one-off bespoke parts, as well as higher volume batch work.
Critical finishing and testing
- Our lapping, grinding and polishing capabilities make sure the components we deliver are finished to the highest standard.
- We offer rigorous testing of manufactured components against OEM specific criteria. Our on-site hydrostatic and vacuum testing capabilities ensure the safety of our components and verify strength and stability when operating under pressure.
Our in-house production capabilities, along with our programme of preventative maintenance, maximises uptime, while reducing costs and lead times for our customers.
Our equipment includes:
- Hartford PRO-1000 Mill
- Colchester STORM
- Hartford Super HCMC 1682 with Nikken AB indexer
- Soraluce TA-A 35
- Hurco VMX60 SRTi
- Colchester Alpha
- Colchester Alpha 1550 XS
- Hyundai-Wia L300LMC
- SunFirm CST 46200
- Doosan Puma 5100LMB
Mill & Turn:
- Doosan Puma SMX3100S
- Faro Arm Quantum S 2.5m
- Mitutoyo Crysta Apex CMM